WINNERS FROM THE BRUSSELS 140TH CELEBRATIONS
- 41ST ANNUAL FASTBALL TOURNAMENT HOSTED BY BRUSSELS TIGERS: Belmore Stingers were the champs with the Kitchener Selects in second place. Brussels was bested by Kitchener in the semi finals.
- BOOTHILL BASH: Celebrity Challenge, Corey Campbell riding for the Optimists, winning $1000 All round cowboy champion was Jacquie Gowing, beating her nephew, Gavin Workman, by 2 points. The Trail Challenge’s water hazard was the determining factor in Gowing’s win. Kelly Workman won All Round Wild Card.
- CAR SHOW: RADAR AUTO PART’S ANTIQUE PRE-40’S– 1934 Ford, Bryan Cork, Listowel BONDI RESTORATION’S HOT ROD AWARD – 1933 Chev, John McLaughlin, Palmerston LESLIE MOTOR’S TRUCK, PRE ’85 – 1927 Model T Ford, Glen Warwick, Seaforth MCCUTCHEON MOTOR’S CAR, PRE 85 – 1949 Fargo Delivery Van, Candice Holst “Cotton Candy” BRUSSELS HOMECOMING COMMITTEE’S MOTORCYCLE AWARD – Bill Galliger, Wingham DOOR PRIZE BASKET: donated by Baskets and Beyond, Leslie Bragan, won by Don McCall, Teeswater 50/50 WINNER – Doug McArter, Brussels won $535
- SOAP BOX DERBY – A great success, many kids and their families enjoyed the derby. Trophies and ribbons were awarded.
- VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT – 1. Coral Gingrich’s Team, “Hammertime” 2. Phil Wedow’s Team “Dirty Beaches”
- DUCK RACE – Lana Dauphin won $500
- BATHTUB RACES – Steve Silcox & Garret Knight with “Tub Something”
- LOG ROLLING – Nathan Watson with 5.6 seconds
Brussels Public School Memory Books
1961 to 2012
Still available at McCutcheon Motors
Grade 1 and Grade 8 class pictures in colour with names. Earlier years had no pictures so Class lists are included